The SMOKENDERS® smoking cessation programme originated in 1969 and has successfully been operating in South Africa since 1980. This programme is based on many years' research in the fields of physiology, behaviour modification and psychology and has become one of the most successful smoking cessation programmes offered in the world today.
SMOKENDERS® knows smoking has very little to do with cigarettes. Smoking is not a bad habit, but rather a highly complex behaviour pattern. Removing the cigarette leaves you with 80% of the problem unsolved. That's why stopping and staying stopped is so difficult. It's also why 'cold turkeys' take up eating, drinking or other substitutes.
At SMOKENDERS® we are all smokers who battled to stop smoking and finally quit with SMOKENDERS®. Our years of experience as smokers, and the subsequent training based on research and education means a lot of empathy and understanding to help our smokers attain and maintain a new healthy life.
Our public programme consists of 7 weekly meetings, running for approximately 2 hours each week.
With SMOKENDERS® you can stop and stay stopped.
Statistics show that only 15% of smokers who stop 'cold turkey' will be successful, and only 0.75% will remain non-smokers. SMOKENDERS consistently has an average success rate of 92% at the end of the programme. After two years or more, an amazing 70% of our graduates still do not smoke and are totally indifferent to cigarettes and other smokers. A long-term success rate of 30% is universally considered to be exceptionally good for any behaviour modification programme.
- What does our graduates have to say? See the Testimonials section.
- Can you picture yourself succeeding?
- Does the idea of stopping sound good to you?
- Can you savour the sweet smell of success?
- Does stopping smoking feel like the right thing to do?
There are 2 different cost structures as shown below:
- R 2500.00 per person.
- R 500.00 per person for VITALITY members. All VITALITY members must produce their Vitality membership card and ID books at enrolment in order to qualify for the once-off activation fee.
- * All quoted prices are exclusive of VAT
The full fee is payable at the start of the programme.
New groups start every month at all the different venues. Please phone the relevant phone number to obtain dates for any specific venue.
- Johannesburg (Sandton, Alberton, Benoni, Linksfield, Randpark Ridge) - 011 487 0231
- Cape Town - 021 788 9120
- Durban - 031 262 5838 or 084 626 8074
- Pretoria - 011 487 0231
If you have any other queries, then send us a message on our contact page.